JOIN THE TRAIL RESOURCES TO MEET YOU WHERE YOU ARE
Below you’ll find the resources your Troop needs whether you’re just starting to pull together your leadership or planning your Open House to welcome new families! Generally speaking, here are the steps to make sure your Troop is putting its best foot forward for both existing families and recruiting new ones to join you on the Trail!
Trail Life USA isn’t about just bringing in more Trailmen to a weekly meeting, or having exciting outdoor adventures: it’s about fulfilling the mission of bringing more boys to the Kingdom. Planning is a critical part of making your Troop successful in fulfilling that mission!
It is highly recommended that you start at the top and work your way down, as this page is designed to provide what you need when you need it; many resources further down the list use information from the previous ones. For example, if you jump straight to planning your Open House without completing Annual Planning, you may not have a well-planned calendar to share with new and excited families.
You may want to familiarize yourself with the resources even if you’ve completed Annual Planning and are working on your Open House. Many of these resources reflect ‘best practices’ coming straight from other Troops around the country!
(Check back frequently, as more resources will be added regularly).
Step 1 – Annual Planning
STEP 2 – Patrol Planning
Step 3 – Budgeting
Step 4 – OPEN House
- Open House Workbook – (mailed to Core Leadership in May 2018 – use to plan your Open House)
- Open House Planning Guidelines – (support document for the Open House Workbook)
- Open House Kids Activities – (referenced in the ‘Open House Planning Guidelines’)
- ‘Welcome to our Troop!’ Flyer – (print and share with families arriving at Open House so they leave with key Troop info)
- Open House Table Signs – (print and fold in half to designate Patrol Tables at your Open House. Consider printing on cardstock or laminating for better stability)
- Sign-in Sheet – (have families sign in so you have their info for followup)
You can find the previous menu pages here: